Great wines sipped in a great space – these are the elements that combine to make a top-notch tasting room.
A panel of wine experts partnered with 10Best editors to seek out tasting rooms which met these qualifications and narrowed their list to 20 nominees. Wine experts Jill Barth (L’occasion), Jil Child (Wine Tours of the World) and Logan Lee (Wine Awesomeness) were chosen for the panel based on their extensive knowledge of U.S. wineries and wine travel.
For a month USA TODAY and 10Best readers voted daily from a list of 20 nominees to select their favorite American tasting rooms. The top 10 tasting rooms in the nation were announced August 2016 and include:
- Early Mountain Vineyards – Madison, Va.
- Stoller Family Estate – Dayton, Ore.
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars – Paterson, Wash.
- Hedges Family Estate – Benton City, Wash.
- Paradise Ridge Winery – Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Dry Creek Vineyard – Healdsburg, Calif.
- LXV Wine – Paso Robles, Calif.
- Fairsing Vineyard – Yamhill, Ore.
- Municipal Winemakers – Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Bluxome Street Winery – San Francisco
Other nominated tasting rooms included Artesa Winery, Banshee Wines, Beaux Frères, Brooklyn Oenology, Caraccioli Cellars, Charles Smith Wines, Infinite Monkey Theorem, Miner’s Leap Winery, Ravines Wine Cellars and Swanson Vineyards.
Fairsing Vineyard thanks all those who voted in the USA TODAY Readers’ Choice Awards and extend congratulations to all nominated tasting rooms.